Back in July, I started teaching with an online company. I had no idea what to expect, but ohmygoodness. With our wedding coming up, I've been working on a lot of different ways to bring in extra income. You know I am the queen of bringing in extra income.
This is my favorite part-time. Ever.
This is the easiest part-time job. Ever.
This is the highest paying part-time job. Ever.
Let's talk about a few things:
1. Yeah, you do have to wake up early. Or you have to be will to stay up all night. I have a day job so staying up all night is not an option for me. Waking up an hour or two early IS an option. You're teaching children in China so there is a considerable time difference. When it is 8am here in Atlanta, it is 8pm in China. So think about when kids are out of school and available to take supplemental tutoring classes. Probably from 3pm-10pm, in their time zone. So transfer that over to Atlanta time and it's 3am-10am. I teach anywhere from about 6am-9:30am.
2. No, you don't need to know Chinese. You don't even have to have ESL (teaching English as a Second Language) or a teaching certificate. You only need a Bachelor's degree in ANYTHING + experience working with kids. In any way. Teaching Sunday school, babysitting, volunteering, coaching, having your own children, etc. If you have a degree + experience with kids, I will train you so you know what to expect in the classroom. If you DO have a teacher's degree and you do have ESL experience, highlight the heck out of that when you apply.
3. You get to pick your own hours! This is not like a regular part-time job where you tell them you want 20 hours, and they automatically schedule you for 20 hours. You have a schedule and open slots. Parents book classes with you. It's like your own mini business, meaning you are not going to have a lot of bookings when you first start, BUT the more you teach, the better you will get, and the more classes you will get booked.
4. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are another beast. Remember there's a considerable time difference, right? So if it is Friday night at 8pm in Atlanta, it is 8am in China, and those kids wanna learn! If it is Friday night/Saturday morning at 12am in Atlanta, it is 12pm in China. If it is Friday night/Saturday morning at 3am in Atlanta, it is 3pm in China.
There are teachers that make BANK by working through the night on Fridays and Saturdays. Like bank. I am going to teach you how to start out making $1000 in a month. Those teachers make like $2000, $3000, or even $4000 in a month.
HOW TO MAKE $1000 BEFORE CHRISTMAS
1. Obviously, you need to apply and make it through the two interviews. You will have to teach mock classes, and I can help you with those. If you are serious about making money, schedule those interviews as soon as you can and then knock them out of the park. I have had several teacher friends apply and then prolong the interview process for weeks and weeks. You're just missing out on money! If making money is a priority, schedule them and then stick to the schedule. You have the option to reschedule your interview, but if this were a job at a brick and mortar business, would you ask your interviewer for a reschedule on an interview? NO, you'd prepare yourself and go to that interview because you want the job to make money! Even though this is online, treat it as a regular job. Be professional. Practice. They WANT to hire you. They are in desperate need of teachers, but you have to practice and be professional to get the job.
2. When you are hired, make it a priority to wake up early and open up 4+ classes a day. No matter what. It will take some time to build up your client base. But consider this, when you start building clients, they will tell their friends. And they will rate you. And they will want to take classes with you. If you don't have any hours available, they won't be able to book with you.
Consider this: How many hours a day do you spend scrolling on social media?
How many hours a day do you spend on watching TV?
How many hours a day do you spend laying in bed, wasting time, or doing something mindless?
(I am all for rest time. I am. But girl, I am here to help you make money.)
Let's pretend you decided to use 1.5 hours a day to work instead of wasting it on mindless stuff.
Let's say you went to bed earlier and you woke up earlier.
So instead of waking up at 7am, you woke up at 5:30am.
If you used those 1.5 hours to work instead of sleep, here's what would happen:
1.5 hours = about $30 (could be a little less, but also could be a little more)
If you worked 1.5 hours every day from today, November 7 until December 25,
that is 48 days!
$30 each day x 48 days = $1440!!!
Now this is a contractor position so you would have to hold some taxes from there.
But that still leaves you with over $1000 in your pocket.
Just because you decided to wake up 90 minutes earlier every day.
And teach from your kitchen counter.
Reminder: You spend no money on gas driving to a shop. You can make $30 + a day just by working from your kitchen counter. No one would show up to a store to work for 90 minutes, but when we are working from home, yeah, we can do stuff like that! And if you choose to teach for more than 90 minutes, then that is more money in your bank.
When we take a small habit and repeat it over time, it compounds to HUGE things.
I made $984 in October just by waking up at 6:15am every day and working from my kitchen counter for 1.5-2hours a day.
(And I was training for a marathon. And I traveled to Chicago for a marathon. And I traveled to Savannah for a girls' trip. And I have like 4 other jobs. And I am planning a wedding. Where there's a will, there's a way. If you really need to make money, you will find a way to make it happen.)
If you are interested in teaching online, you can apply here Teaching Online
Referral Code: 03FJQO
and then send me an email and I will mentor you through the process!